- Prospective Students
- Campus Services
- Find Your Admissions Counselor
- Franklin Fast Facts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Meet Our Ambassadors
- Pay Your Deposit
- Preparing for Franklin
- Student Organizations
- Guidance Counselors
- Financial Aid
Or print and email your Candidate Reply Form
Want to learn more about Franklin?
The Arts at Franklin
Of course you want to continue your participation in the Fine Arts in college. It’s time to put all those years of lessons, classes and rehearsals to good use. Franklin offers a combination of focused education in music, theatre or art with a valuable liberal arts education. Opportunities in the Fine Arts await all students regardless of major. Students may choose to perform in a choir, take a class to learn how to play the bagpipes, steal the show in the latest theater production or show off their work at an art exhibition. Franklin encourages students to pursue their passion at every level with Fine Arts scholarships for majors and non-majors.
Whether you are considering auditioning for the lead role in a theatre production, singing lead vocals for the FC Chorus or painting in our brand new art studio, Franklin College offers students the opportunity to explore the Arts in a variety of ways.
Fine Arts Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are available for students who audition and/or submit portfolios of their past work. You do not have to declare a major in the Arts to apply for these scholarships, but preference will be given to those who indicate the Arts as their primary academic interest.
- Art - The art department offers scholarships annually to students who demonstrate excellence in the visual arts. Students wishing to compete for this scholarship must submit a portfolio and schedule an on campus interview. Your portfolio consists of 10 examples of your best artwork including at least two examples of observational drawing. Submissions should be comprised of original work whenever possible (digital images of your work will be accepted if the original work is not available). Please contact David Cunningham, email@example.com, and Svetlana Rakic, firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an appointment for your interview and portfolio review.
Click here for the list of art faculty
- Music – The music department offers scholarships annually to students who can demonstrate excellence in vocal or instrumental performance. Auditions and/or interviews are required. Please contact Dr. Casey Hayes, email@example.com, and Dr. Kevin Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule and audition.
Click here for the list of music faculty
- Theatre – The theatre department offers scholarships annually to students who can demonstrate excellence in theatrical performance and/or theatrical production. An interview is required. To schedule an interview, please contact Robin Roberts, email@example.com, and Gordon Strain, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the list of theatre faculty
Constructed in 2002, the Johnson Center for Fine Arts (JCFA) provides a state of art facility for students and faculty to practice, refine and perfect their artistic talents. At the heart of the facility is Théâtre Margot, a flexible black box theatre seating 125-150 audience members. In addition, JCFA contains makeup and dressing rooms, a costume shop, a scene shop, state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems, multimedia classrooms, a painting and drawing studio, and lobby gallery and performance space.