- Prospective Students
- Campus Services
- Find Your Admissions Counselor
- Franklin Fast Facts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Meet Our Ambassadors
- Pay Your Deposit
- Preparing for Franklin
- Student Organizations
- Guidance Counselors
- Financial Aid
Or print and email your Candidate Reply Form
Want to learn more about Franklin?
Application and Process
Franklin College utilizes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to award all federal, state and need-based institutional aid programs. The FAFSA must be filed every year to qualify for Financial Assistance.
- Complete each academic year after January 1
- Indiana residence must complete the FAFSA by March 10 to be evaluated for state grant aid
- Access the form at http://www.fafsa.gov/
- Be sure to get a PIN# first at http://www.pin.ed.gov/
- Franklin College institutional code is 001798
- When you receive notice that your Student Aid Report (SAR) is available from the federal processor, adjust figures you estimated, review all information to insure it is correct and make sure Franklin College is listed.
- If you are chosen for verification by the federal processor (one in every three applicants) or the financial aid office, the financial aid office at Franklin College will request additional information to complete your financial aid.
Financial Aid Forms
Downloadable forms are available through the FC Online Financial Aid System. Below are also links to frequently used forms:
- Outside Scholarship Notification
- 2013-2014 Verification Worksheet
- 2013-2014 Special Circumstance Petition
- Instructions on how to request an IRS Transcript
How You Receive Your Financial Aid
- Aid will be packaged for new students starting March 1st and directions on how to access the FC Online Financial Aid System will be sent on a rolling basis, based on receipt of FAFSA information and admission to FC. Returning students can expect aid information to be available starting in April.
- Outside scholarships, grants or loans must be reported to the Financial Aid office by the student (Click here to download the form now).
- Submit all other information requested by the Financial Aid Office in a timely fashion. Failure to do so may result in a loss of aid.
- For first time borrowers of Federal Stafford loans an Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed by going to www.studentloans.gov.
- All aid is granted on an academic year basis. All FC scholarships/Grants are renewable for a total of eight semesters only.
- The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to revoke any aid offer if there is any evidence that the conditions of enrollment status, financial need, or merit are not met.
- To continue to receive federal and state aid you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and program pursuit requirements. Scholarship recipients are required to maintain the academic requirements as specified for each particular award. (SAP policy .pdf)
- Financial aid awards, including loans, are disbursed to your student account on a semester basis.
- Federal Work Study is paid directly to you on a monthly basis for the amount of hours worked the previous month. Pay checks are to be picked-up in the Franklin College business office unless other arrangements have been made. This funding is NOT credited directly to your student billing account. If you wish to apply the funds to your student account it is your responsibility to do so.